Try any one of these prompts either as an individual or group exercise. You might even make copies of all the prompts and make the writing an outside assignment. Feel free to use these prompts in any way you like. You may click here for a list of journal prompts as well.
- Do you have plenty of friends? How many friends are plenty?
- What do you like best about your friends.
- What does your sister/mother/aunt look like?
- Tell about a vacation or day trip you have taken.
- Describe your favorite animal.
- How do you celebrate your birthday?
- Tell about your grandpa, grandma, or old uncle or aunt whom you like.
- What do you like about your favorite teacher?
- What do you dislike about lunch at your school?
- How many pets do you have and what are their names? If you don’t have pets, why?
- What do you like that comes in your favorite color?
- Describe your family members who live with you.
- Describe Sunday dinner at your house.
- Describe the best tree you ever saw. Could you climb it?
- What is the strangest thing you ever saw?
- If you could build a clubhouse, tree house, or fort, how would you build it?
- What is your favorite game and how do you play it?
- What sport do you play the worst?
- What sport are you good at?
- Do you have a favorite pair of shoes? Why do you like them so much?
- Tell about one of your daydreams.
- Who is your favorite superhero? Why?
- Why can girls do things as good as boys can?
- Why are we all different from one another in small ways?
Click on the image to buy at least the coolest learning aid we have ever seen, story prompt dice.
We like these dice, too.
Here is a link to Amazon where you will find a fabulous selection of writing curriculum texts for students of all ages.
As always, it’s a pleasure writing for you. Thanks for reading and very good writing luck to you. Written by Pea Green.