- If you write every day, you get better at writing every day.
- If it is boring to you, it is boring to your reader.
- Get a writing routine and stick with it.
- Poetry does not have to rhyme. Poetry does not have to rhyme.
- Resist stereotypes in your writing and in your life.
- Writers read. Writers read a lot. Writers read all the time.
- Make lists of your favorite words and books and places and things.
- There doesn’t always have to be a moral to the story.
- Always bring your notebook. Always bring a spare pen.
- Go for walks. Pull weeds. Do the dishes. Write about it.
- Don’t settle on just one style. Try something new.
- Learn to tell both sides of the story.
½. Stop looking at this poster. Write something!
Click here to look at more short lessons,